In January of 2010, Cameron and I welcomed Conley Kirk Ledford on January 27 into the world. Conley was 6 weeks early and stayed in the hospital for nearly 3 weeks after delivery. (I
was also in the hospital for nearly a total of 3 weeks due to my kidney disease and high blood pressure.) Cur
rently, he is a little over 4 months old and almost 13 pounds. We are having a ball with him!! On Tuesday, June 1st he rolled over from his tummy to back for the first time!!
As for my health, it was touch and go for awhile there after delivery. Currently, I am stable. My kidney's do not seem to be getting better. The doctors have advised us that I am not healthy enough to carry another baby. :( And a possible kidney transplant is on the horizon (maybe in the next 5 years). So, if anyone would like to be a surrogate mother or donate a kidney let me know. :)
Then, in March we found out that Cam matched at Duke University for his
Oh...and...in May Cam graduated from the University of Kansas Medical School. Conley and I are so proud of him!! He is now Dr. Cameron Kirk Ledford. Also, in May I retired from my social work job at Youthville. I am now going to be a stay-at-home mom for Conley...and Murphy, our 2-year-old cockapoo.
So, there you have it the four misplaced Jayhawks so far from home embarking on a FIVE year adventure (probably six). Stay tuned.....
Cute cute blog! I gave you a little shout-out on mine! :) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteHey Emily, this Jessica (hooten) Shutt from high school. How are you? I found your blog from Lindsey's. I have been blogging on and off for a while, but I love catching up with people through them. I just want to say congrats to you and Cameron for your adorable boy and huge accomplishment with med school. My older sis went to KU med, and her husband actually worked at youthville when they were in wichita too. How weird! Anyway, it sounds like you have a lot going on in life right now, but I will keep you and your family i n my prayers. Welcome to the blogging world!
ReplyDelete